This card is an ideal keepsake for young children to make and give to parents and grandparents for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas or birthdays. They can use a photo of themselves or a family pet.
You will need
- 1 A4 sheet of coloured card for base
- 1 sheet of A4 coloured paper for top sheet
- Sheet white or light-coloured paper
- Verse – write your own or print and cut out the verse below
- Cut a 2cm edge from the top sheet so that it is narrower than the card.
- Glue the top sheet onto the card
- When the paper is dry, place child’s hand in wet paint and apply to the paper.
- Glue a current photo of the child under the handprint
- Print or write the verse on white paper. Cut out and glue the verse below the photo
- Write the date on the back. In 40 years, you’ll be glad you did.
Verse: Use this one or make up your own
This is to remind you when I have grown so tall
That once I was just little
And my hands were very small